Call out for Programme Facilitator
Callout opens: Tuesday 21st Dec
Callout Closes: Wed 12th Jan 2022 at 23:59
Interviews: week of 17th Jan
Starting date: 7th February 2022
About Market Gallery:
Market Gallery is an artist-run space in Glasgow’s East End, established in 2000 and currently run by a programming committee and a board of trustees. The committee work collaboratively to produce a yearly programme of exhibitions, artist residencies, talks and events. We aim to support the local art community, and to provide an accessible platform for the discussion and experience of contemporary art in Glasgow and internationally.
About the role:
We are looking for someone who can facilitate the operations of Market with skill and enthusiasm, and contribute to the long-term growth and development of the space.
Market is in a pivotal time of change, having been part of a Creative Scotland Pilot programme for the last three years. We are working towards restructuring to a more sustainable model where the artist programmers are remunerated and have support with the administration and management of the programme and gallery. We are now in a position to invite a new person in to trial this new model and help build the role as it develops. You will be working closely with the artist programming committee and board to deliver Market’s unique programme in a non-hierarchical environment.
This role is 8 months fixed-term for 2.5 days per week from February – September 2022 on a freelance basis, with the intention of extension, dependent on funding and how the role develops.
You will receive a fee of £1200 per month, payable by invoice, based on a day rate of £150 with a total of 80 days.
9.5 of these days can be taken as holiday, dates to be negotiated with committee and board, and up to 9 additional days can be sick leave if required.
- Logistical support for artist-programers with the design and delivery of their programme
- Financial management of the gallery budget and overheads, including communication with the bookkeeper
- Reporting financial and logistical updates to the board at quarterly meetings
- Regular meetings with artist-programers
- Planning & Coordinating a calendar for the year, including management of research trips
- Working towards facilitating institutional memory of the organisation, including keeping clear and accessible archives of documentation
- Coordinating written reports for funders
- Liaison with Reidvale Housing Association
- Maintenance and upkeep of gallery space
- Responding to general enquiries on the Market email
- Clear communication skills
- Understanding of artist-run spaces in Scotland
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of funding applications
- Excellent knowledge of excel and google sheets
- Interest in Market Gallery programme
- Writing artist contracts
- Knowledge of installation resources
- Implementing wider access measures
To apply, please send a single PDF comprising a letter describing your interest in the role and relevant experience (maximum 400 words), and a CV (maximum 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed 12th Jan 2022 at 23:59. Please label the file Firstname_Surname_PF_App.
Please find our FAQ here.
Image Id: arm wearing a deep yellow garment extending to open a rolled sheet of paper over a blue crinkled bedding/sheet