Reader Residency 2023-24 Open Call
Deadline 19th December 2023 11.59pm
We’re excited to announce the Reader Residency, a funded opportunity for an artist or researcher based in the Glasgow area at any stage of their career to respond to the Resource Library. We invite you to consider the multiple ways in which the resources can be activated and publicly shared exploring ways to build, transform, rethink, rewrite and reimagine our futures.
We are particularly interested in working with an artist or collective whose practice is informed by perspectives of intersectional views on politics, identity and activism; who is interested in expanding one of our Library’s themes of Disability and Access or Communities and Social Policy; or whose methodology may relate to poetry or experimental writing.
Fee: £1500 (based on SAU Residency Rates 5+ years of experience for one artist) + £336 for the delivery of a public sharing event.
Duration: 10 days (consecutive or spread out across 2 months)
Dates: February to March 2024
Access: Market Gallery is located at Many Studios in a wheelchair accessible space, with an accessible toilet. We have an allocated budget of £500 to contribute towards access (for example travel, childcare, support worker etc)
We strongly encourage applications from people who are LGBTQIA+, BPOC, living with disabilities, and from working class or low socio-economic backgrounds.
Please find all details in this document
How to apply:
1. Fill in the application form here answering the following questions the following questions:
- Why is this residency relevant for you at this time in your career and how does it relate to your past experience?
- Can you suggest two titles for our Resource Library and tell us why you chose them?
- How would you approach your research and how will you work with the Resource Library?
- Please share an envisaged outcome of the residency?
- Include a CV (2 A4 pages maximum in PDF or Word format)
- Provide 3-5 items that support your application.
2. Complete an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring form
For further information about the residency, or if you would like to submit in an alternative application format such as a video or audio, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org