Studio Projects / Home Residency Open Call 2022
Deadline for submissions is 11:59pm 17th September // £3250 fee + £250 production budget
Market is very excited to share that we are now inviting applications for this year’s Studio Projects. This year we are offering two home residencies with 21 working days with the possibility of expanding across three months. This residency is aimed at early career artists who are in need of a sustained period of reflection, research, rest and/or making.
The Home Residencies started in 2020 as a way to keep supporting artists from the safety of their home spaces, and allow them to explore new ideas, or expand on existing research without time or outcome pressure. We hope this model continues to be very relevant and beneficial for artists, also allowing those not based in Glasgow to receive remote support.
Thus, the Home Residency aims to offer support to two artists wishing to continue working from home, or to those who would benefit from this opportunity to get started with new research or making.
Please fill in our form here, which includes the following questions:
- Why is this residency beneficial for you at this time? Max. 100 words.
- What are you excited to explore at the moment? Max. 100 words.
- Provide 3-5 items that support your application.*
* Please compile a pdf for the supporting items. They could take the form of images, text, links to audio, video, inspiration, documentation of past work or whatever else is appropriate in displaying your current interests. Please include your name(s) in the labeling of the pdf.
If you don’t have a gmail account or if you would like to make a video or audio submission instead of a written one, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements and we will be happy to discuss this with you. Any other enquiries about the residencies can be made to the same address and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Please also fill in our anonymous Equality and Diversity form here
The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm 17th September
Fee and support
- Artist fee: £3250 per artist (this fee is calculated at 21 working days based on 2022 Scottish Artists Union Residency rates)
- Production Fee: £250 per artist
- Promotional and mentoring support from the committee as well as access to equipment, when available.
- Possibility to use Market Gallery’s website as a platform to present material produced during the residency, as well as the opportunity to do a public in-person informal sharing upon discussion with the Committee. This is however optional and not a requirement.
Home Residencies is an opportunity aimed at early career artists, and we particularly encourage artists who have not recently had a significant opportunity (e.g, Gallery representation, a seizable commission or a solo show in an established gallery.)
This opportunity is open to Scotland based artists only and we regret to say that students in full-time education are not eligible.
We are committed to equality and diversity and thus we actively encourage applicants from unrepresented and diverse backgrounds, particularly BAME artists and those with disabilities.
When will I get notified of the results?
We will aim to notify successful candidates by 13th October.
When would the residency start?
The residency is planned to start in November, but there is some flexibility around dates.
Can I apply if I am currently living outside of Scotland
This opportunity is for Scotland based artists ONLY.
Should I expect a confirmation email?
No. Once you have pressed submit at the end of your application you can be sure that we have received it. You will see a message that says ‘Thank you for your submission’ at the top of the Google form page. If you have submitted using an alternative format e.g an audio application, you can expect a confirmation email from us.